NZ Branch Summer School 2012/13

Pia Walker

Message 62874 · 3 Jul 2012 08:55:33 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

I know everyone probably know the dates Douglas - except for me :>( what
are the actual dates?

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Mills [mailto:xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx]
Sent: 02 July 2012 22:59
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: NZ Branch Summer School 2012/13

The annual New Zealand Branch Summer School is being held in Christchurch
this year. The following classes are being offered, with a mixture of New
Zealand and international teachers and musicians:

Junior JAM
Senior JAM
Elementary
Intermediate
Low
Impact
Advanced Senior
Very Advanced
Teachers
Preparation

There is a class selector guide on the NZ Branch website to help you choose
the correct class.

JAM (Junior
Associate Member) Classes:

If you are under 20 years old, the
Branch runs two classes specifically for you.

Junior JAM, for
dancers aged 8 to 13
Senior JAM, for dancers aged 13 to 20

We are sure you will have a great time dancing with old & new friends under
the tutorage of our two teachers: Gaye Collin from Wellington, NZ (Junior
JAM) and Mechthild Timmins from Adelaide, Australia (Senior JAM).

Teacher Preparation Class:

Are
you thinking of starting a dancing Class but are not sure where to start?
Have you been asked to teach your Club but don't know how?

Then
this class is the place for you.

You will learn the basics
of:

Teaching steps, formations and dances
Using music in
teaching dance
Organising and MC-ing social dances
Preparing and
planning class and club-night programmes.

And much more!

Musicians Course:

The Musicians Course at Summer
School will be focused on four areas:

Playing for classes
Playing in a support role
Playing for teaching exams
Playing
for social functions

A number of experienced musicians will be taking these courses and all
instruments and all levels of experience will be catered for.

Social Activities:

Apart from
the morning classes, there will be a range of optional afternoon classes,
five semi-formal night dances (including a fancy dress night and a ceilidh)
and two formal balls (Hogmanay and President's Ball).

Accommodation:

Accommodation is College House
(http://www.collegehouse.org.nz/), within the park like grounds of
Canterbury University. The rooms are individual, modern and comfortable with
five rooms sharing a kitchen and bathroom facilities. If you still have
energy after morning classes, there is a tennis court and plenty of walks
through the botanical gardens surrounding the University.

Contact the organiser (xxxx.xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xx) or visit the NZ Branch
website (http://www.rscdsnzb.org.nz/ss/ss-chch/) for an application form and
class selector guide.

Regards