John Drewry dances

Jean Martin

Message 62436 · 17 Feb 2012 21:49:07 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

As many of you will know, John Drewry is in a nursing home in Aberdeen.
He's being well looked after and has quite a number of visitors, all things
considered.

I, along with another two of John's friends, am gathering material which we
hope will become a John Drewry archive in either the Special Collections at
the University or in the Aberdeen City Archives. (John used to work first in
the Bio-Chemistry Dept and latterly in the Computing Department of the
University.)

We have ensured that there are copies of all the John Drewry books and
leaflet/sheet dances we have gathered in the RSCDS archives at Coates
Crescent.

The ones on your list, Christine, which I don't seem to have copies of are:

The Bridges of Sighs
Brimmond (It's a hill near John's home in Bankhead)
Carlisle House - could this be Carlisle Castle, which is in the Rondel
Book?
Cat-walk
Fiddler on the Capstan
Glowerin' Coo.

If you could hold onto copies of these until we've had time to do a fuller
check that would be great.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Jean Martin
Aberdeen