Poussette was Pousette

Pia Walker

Message 61295 · 24 Jul 2011 11:37:54 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

I didn't know I was being 'posh' by not folding my arms, Hamish, I just
don't like to hit people with my elbows :>)

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: Hamish Dewar [mailto:xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxxxx.xx.xx]
Sent: 18 July 2011 11:22
To: Strathspey list
Subject: Poussette was Pousette

What an erudite lot we have here on The Strathspey Server.
Here' s me thinking that Poussette was the French for kitten.

Since the SCD community is happy with French terms such as Poussette and Pas
de Basque (paddy-bah), why the reluctance to use Dos-a-dos (dozy-doh) rather
than the approved term Back-to-back?
Maybe the fear is (shock horror) that some dancers might be so vulgar as to
fold their arms while dancing the movement.