Gypsy Dream (Terpsichore)

RODERICK JOHNSTON

Message 60222 · 14 Jan 2011 18:38:46 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Thanks all for searching, It's not a dance that I have ever played or danced to.

Roddy

From: Meinhard Reiser <xxxxxxxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx>
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Sent: Friday, 14 January 2011, 16:50:45
Subject: Re: Gypsy Dream (Terpsichore)

The dance description for Gypsy Dreams in "An Itch to Dance" has this
hints to the music:

A smooth strathspey or slow airs, not too heavy on the bass line, with a
playing time between 8:10 and 8:30.
For example: "Birks of Invermay" on Scotttish Dance Music by
Terpsichore, Terpsichore CD or cassette.

Meinhard Reiser

--

Ditzingen, Germany