The teaching of 'long-standing teachers' - was What Are Tulloch Turns

Iain Boyd

Message 59707 · 30 Oct 2010 11:39:13 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Dear Lee,

I am unable to agree with you that as RSCDS teachers, it is our duty to stay current on standards and teach to them.

The Society, by changing perfectly acceptable movements, is the reason that we can no longer have a common set of standards.

I still teach to the RSCDS standards, but, they are, in the main, the standards I was original taught!

As far as teaching teacher candidates is concerned, there is no problem as I have never been asked nor ever will be asked to teach them - simply because it is well known that I refuse to kowtow to another group of teachers who themselves thought they were better than the rest of us when they pushed through the changes I refer to.

Regards,

Iain Boyd

Postal Address -

P O Box 11-404