Change in the Modern World

Pia Walker

Message 58838 · 1 Jun 2010 15:43:33 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Golf cannot have been invented in Scotland - it is a game where one may
loose the ball.

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: Norma or Mike Briggs [mailto:xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx]
Sent: 31 May 2010 13:55
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: Change in the Modern World

I was told once that SCD is like golf. Both were invented in Scotland. A
long time ago. Both are controlled by boards made up of senior citizens.
Both involve bursts of activity punctuated by stretches of doing nothing
much. Both end where they start. And both have extensive sets of arcane
rules.

Mike

1519 Storytown Road
Oregon WI 53711-1925 USA