Change in the Modern World

Pia Walker

Message 58837 · 1 Jun 2010 15:42:09 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Ah but you will fall backwards and that would be soo interesting for your partner who would fall forwards :>)

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Fuell [mailto:xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: 31 May 2010 13:12
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: Change in the Modern World

Malcolm,

If I as first man spring backwards with my right, instead of left, foot, and my partner springs forward with her right foot, there is a risk that her right foot will land on my left (supporting) foot, which IMO would create more of a risk of a stumble or fall than intersecting jetes. By both dancers starting on their "top" foot, this is avoided.

Plus, I find it very visually appealing to watch four good dancers dance a quick-time pousette in rhythm with their feet mirroring each other.

Lee

Beavercreek, OH, USA