Change in the Modern World

Pia Walker

Message 58835 · 1 Jun 2010 15:37:25 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

He! He! He! He! He! He! He! He! He! He! He!

Malcolm - you have made my day - LOL

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: mlamontbrown [mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: 31 May 2010 10:13
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Change in the Modern World

While I was in Russia recently a teacher of one of the groups asked me about
the
quick-time poussette.

It started off with a question about whether the man needed to start on his
left
foot.

This was followed up with the question "why"? I gave the best answer I
could, saying
that I thought it was related to when it was more of a waltz / polka around
the other
couple.

They then asked why, since we were now using pas de basque, (with the
possibility of
an intersecting jeté), we didn't change the rule, - So I explained that as
the
decision had been made so many years ago it would be impossible to change
it.

I think they had trouble with this answer.

It made me realise that it was easier to change a complete political system
in a
country the size of Russia than it was to change a decision made by the
RSCDS about
which foot the man should use to start a poussette.

I must say I found that rather disturbing.

Malcolm

Malcolm L Brown
York (UK)