Lady Catherine Bruce's Reel (not jig) Urgent help

RODERICK JOHNSTON

Message 58739 · 17 May 2010 21:37:40 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

A tremedous reply from you all in such a short time,    It'll have to be a 32 bar tune of my choice, which makes it easier, but can you advise is it an 8x32 or 4x32 Reel.

Rod

________________________________
From: Dancing <xxxxxx@xxxx.xx>
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Sent: Monday, 17 May, 2010 19:58:53
Subject: Re: Lady Catherine Bruce's Reel (not jig) Urgent help

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roderick Johnston" <xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
To: "SCD news and discussion" <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 11:51 AM
Subject: Lady Catherine Bruce's Reel (not jig) Urgent help

I have been asked to play the above REEL for a class on Wednesday night. I can find no reference to a reel of that name only a jig. The dance tutor says there is a reel of that name as well as the jig. Does anyone know what the set tune should be.

Rod,
Fort William

From the internet http://www.nonvi.com/sm/dance_list.html#lady_catherine
Lady Catherine Bruce's Reel

This is a 32-bar Scottish reel for 2 couples. Line up in two lines, men facing women.

Bars  Figures

8  Top couple lead down the center and back
8  Top 2 couples do a 2 couple allemande
8  Couple 1 dances a figure-eight around couple 2
8  Couples 1 and 2 dance 4 hands round and back