Transferring music from CD to iPod

John Mccain

Message 58667 · 7 May 2010 17:00:49 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Here is one of many ways.
When you put the CD(s) in the MacBook, iTunes will normally open and ask if you want to import them to iTunes (if it doesn't [because of settings selections], open iTunes, double click on the disc, select the tune(s) and drag them to your library). Doing so will convert the tunes to mp3 format (you can control the quality via Preferences)
If you're lucky, the software will know (via the internet) the name of the album and tunes. If not, select the tune, hit Command+I and manually enter the information you wish.
The tune file will reside in a folder called iTunes Music on your hard drive. If you've named the tunes, you can search for them.
Email the tunes to your friend. She can use iTunes to load them on her iPod by using the "Add to Library" command under the file menu (Command+O).
This is all a lot easier to do than to explain...
John

--- On Fri, 5/7/10, Eric Ferguson <x.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx> wrote:

From: Eric Ferguson <x.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx>
Subject: Transferring music from CD to iPod
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Date: Friday, May 7, 2010, 9:46 AM

I still do not know what to do.  Let me explain more clearly.

I have the SCD CDs here in Zeist.  The computer I will be using is a MacBook.

I need to convert some music tracks from several CDs into computer files, which I
must then e-mail to London, where the organiser of the meeting will put the music
onto her iPod and include it in the playlist.

All help is welcome.

Greetings,

Eric

PS.  Hope this message does not start a new round of Strathspey hiccoughs!

--
Eric T. Ferguson,
van Reenenweg 3,  3702 SB  ZEIST    Netherlands