choice of mp3 player, was Transferring music from CD to mp3

Ian Brown

Message 58658 · 7 May 2010 13:20:49 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

I for one would find it helpful to know the pros and cons of
ipods and alternatives. I intended to research the archives
for this advice but hit a snag and then the urgency was
reduced by outside forces.

The progress I had made was leading me to wonder whether a
solid state device was likely to be more robust than one
relying upon disk and to note that Which had selected as a
"best buy" the Apple Itouch which is solid state.

I had seen criticism of Itunes, the software, and
particularly I had noted a concern that an ipod might be
linked to a single computer. This, if true, would make it
impossible for several committee members to share the chore
of loading and maintaining the music.

I do not own any Apple products so would welcome such
advice.

Ian Brown
Harrogate Saltire Scottish Country Dance Club