The Magazine's riddle: the solution

Mike Briggs

Message 58569 · 4 May 2010 17:36:43 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Well, I must be even denser than I thought. Gay never occurred to me. A chacun son gout, I guess.

Mike
Still seriously clueless in Wisconsin

Briggs Law Office
1519 Storytown Road
Oregon WI 53711-1925 USA
+1 608 835 0914 (voice)
+1 608 237 2379 (fax)

________________________________
From: Campbell Personal <xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx.xx>
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Sent: Tue, May 4, 2010 10:10:11 AM
Subject: RE: The Magazine's riddle: the solution

Mark wrote:
>I don't think most people in the US would see a picture of wrestling
uniformed miltary men and think they were gay. Even now, men who are found
to be gay are
>discharged from service so it wouldn't make sense to me that this was some
sort of openly gay activity.

This is becoming stranger and stranger. Am I not right in thinking that
women are now allowed to be part of the military service in the US. I would
have thought that fact to be far more of a threat to the full-blooded
heterosexual males than gay men. Is the US that intolerant? But back to
Andrea and his cover story - despite having said he is coming out :-) -
having not seen the cover yet myself I am free to imagine what it might be
like, and of course we are told that different people see different things
when looking at the same image. And isnt that what Andrea is highlighting
for us - that there might be a significant number of people out there who
will jump to the conclusion, being predisposed to do so, that the men
involved are gay. Now this may or may not be a good thing and the question
Andrea is raising is - does the RSCDS want to be seen as gay neutral/ gay
friendly/ gay exclusive? I would hope that the RSCDS is wanting people of
all persuasions to be part of the dancing scene - does the cover advance
that image or not? I shall have to wait to see, but in the mean time my
imagination is running riot!! :-)

Campbell Tyler
Cape Town