Dance in which 1st cpl dances the same figure twice

Walter Ligon

Message 58158 · 22 Feb 2010 17:24:12 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Sounds right to me.

Walt Ligon
Mariette, GA

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx [mailto:xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx]
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:49 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Dance in which 1st cpl dances the same figure twice

I am looking at a dance crib for "Montreal Rendezvous", an 8x32 bar reel by
D. Birdsall in the Montreal Moments book.

I do not have the original instructions, but I am wondering if the crib is
incorrect. The crib has the 1st couple dance 8 bars, finishing in 1st
place, and then the 1st couple dances the 1st 8 bars again finishing in 1st
place again. I do not know of any other dance that does this.

Here is the crib:

MONTREAL RENDEZVOUS
1-8 1C dance (NH) down middle, turn 3C outside H, (2C up 3-4), 1C cross up
passing RS, turn 2C upper H.
9-16 1C repeat 1-8.
17-32 1C set & cast to 2nd place (2C up 19-20), 1C+2C+3C dance R+L for 3
couples

Could someone check the original instructions for me. Thanks.

DOUG SCHNEIDER
Highland Mist Scottish Country Dancers, St. Louis Missouri/Illinois
XxxxxxxxXX@xxx.xxx