Handing

Paula

Message 57938 · 21 Jan 2010 02:08:38 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

In our area, it is customary that the person in the in the middle of any line of three is the one who offers hands up for those on either side to place their hands into. As Becky said, this facilitates control of the line of three.

Paula Jacobson
Aptos, Calif.
----- Original Message -----
From: Becky Sager
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: Handing

When I am dancing as a man, I take on the responsibilities of a man, dare I say I think and feel like a man? As first man in John McAlpin, for instance, I accept the responsibility for getting that line of men moving forward chasing their partners, urging them on with my palms upwards so I can be in control of the line.

Becky

Becky Sager
Marietta GA USA
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." Marcy Shirley

From: Robert Lambie <xxxxxxxx50@xxxxxxx.xxx>
To: <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Subject: Handing
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:24:19 +0000

...The one place that stands out to me as exceedingly
contrary to the rules of Courtesy is when a woman, standing between two men, and
preparing to advance and retire, expects the men to put their hands on top of hers. And I
don't care if she is dancing as a man or not, if she thinks I can't tell, that's an
insult to me, and if it looks as if I can't tell, by my accepting, it is an insult to
her.