A question of Hands & Leading

simon scott

Message 57877 · 18 Jan 2010 00:51:03 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

From: Agnes Macmichael [mailto:xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx]
Sent: January-17-10 1:20 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: A question of Hands & Leading

I was taught, and I always teach, in these particular two dances, right
hand to lead up to corners.
To me and my thinking, It only becomes awkward if you hold on too long. I
lead up right hand and begin to cross the lady in front, drop hands and
dance into place. I don't find this awkward and it phrases the dance and
you are still being courteous to your partner.
Agnes
West Lothian

I must say that this is how I have always danced it, right hand, and I agree
with not holding on too long. However, left hand is very logical and surely
equally acceptable and pleasant.

Simon
Vancouver