Opp/Same Gender Dancing (was strathspey setting step)

Pia Walker

Message 57531 · 5 Dec 2009 00:05:21 · Variable-width font · Whole thread

Ooohhh us Nordics - I do a little salsa and you go out on that dance floor -
pick up a partner on the way - give it laldy / s.. / whatever and afterwards
you leave the floor as if you had never met, but during that dance!!!!!! - I
guess it comes back to the issue which is as much discussed here as M's
matrimonial - flirting and looking into the eyes of your partner and dancing
together.

I can vouch for Bruce's flirtation - danced with him in Geneva - and
survived to tell the tale - Phew! :>)

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Herbold [mailto:xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx]
Sent: 04 December 2009 22:52
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: Opp/Same Gender Dancing (was strathspey setting step)

I guess maybe not everyone lives and dances in San Francisco, cuz your
comment was clear to me.

I'm straight, but I'm certianly aware of a changing degree of
'flirtation' when I am dancing with either a gay man or straight woman
vs a gay woman or straight man. It's all fun but the eyes flash
differently at 'those' moments in a dance. Of course, how close I am
with the other person affects it all -- damn! this social stuff is so
confusing!!

Bruce Herbold