How to get more people to come to our annual dance

Thomas G. Mungall, III

Message 56765 · 4 Oct 2009 22:20:32 · Variable-width font · Whole thread

Bruce, et al,

How old are the folk that are having difficulty with these figures?

Yours aye,
Tom Mungall, III
Baton Rouge, La., USA
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Herbold" <xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>

Ian,

I too hope never to fall off a ladder and lose my ability to enjoy the
full range of tradtional figures of SCD. But if I do, I do not think
it will change the fact that nowadays we are not doing that full range
as much as when I started dancing. Nor will it change my impression
that by restricting our program to dances without Pousettes, Set and
Turn corners, double triangles and hullo/g'bye setting we are making
our favorite activiity less attractive to young people (at least young
people like we were when we started doing SCD).