Greatest Scot Ever

Pia Walker

Message 56553 · 10 Sep 2009 11:31:28 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

So it is the 'Humecoming 2009' not 'homecoming' :>) OK its the silly season :>)

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: Anselm Lingnau [mailto:xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: 06 September 2009 20:21
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: Greatest Scot Ever

Jim Healy wrote:

> ... step forward Sir Walter Scott.

Right. There must be a reason why the place is called Scottland ... oops.

> ... although I would suggest that leaving David Hume off the list of
> thinkers of the Scottish Enlightenment might be considered perverse. :o)

David Hume ... wasn't he the one who put up that high-rise building in
Edinburgh?

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Friedberg, Germany ..................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Wait ... did a priest of one weird cult full of bizarre ideas just claim that