Most frequent dances

Ian Brown

Message 55383 · 23 Mar 2009 11:54:11 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Hello Campbell

I find the information you are collecting helpful and would
like to be able to analyse it to answer questions such as
what are the most common jigs? Most common square dances?

You have provided a commentary along these lines in previous
emails but it must be very difficult to anticipate all of
the questions that might be of interest. Certainly the
interest will extend beyond the most common fifty dances
which, I guess, will change relatively slowly.

Would it add a great deal to the complexity of your
reporting if you were able to structure the data in some
way? Perhaps a Table in the MS Word sense would be most
helpful, if Strathspey permits this, or else some embedded
characters that would separate the dance title from the
other information such as place number.

Sorry to add to your task - I know it's much easier to do so
than to respond to all such requests.

Cheers,
Ian Brown
Harrogate Saltire Scottish Country Dance Club