CD information

Walter Ligon

Message 54026 · 2 Nov 2008 18:45:45 · Variable-width font · Whole thread

I personally like to use H, J, M, R or S. I additionally use the number
of bars, then the reps giving for example J32x5, or S32x8, etc. This
makes it easier for me to locate suitable music. I do not hesitate to
edit music to fit a need.

Happy dancing,

Walter Ligon, M. D. Marietta, GA (Atlanta, GA.)

-----Original Message-----
From: mlamontbrown [mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 7:29 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: CD information

Greetings

I have been busy transferring our CDs to my new mp3 player, and have
been struck by the variety of information and formats that have been
downloaded to the Gracenote database.

Looking at the variety of Genres that have been used has, I have decided
to use this to enter R / J / S or M so that I can at least sort by type.

Does anyone else have any comments on why we didn't agree to a common
standard?

Malcolm

Malcolm L Brown
York (UK)