Sueno's Stone

M BOWDEN

Message 53916 · 21 Oct 2008 15:38:24 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Dear Judith
We dance it giving right shoulder to partner's 2nd corner to begin the half reels of four.
Margaret
Kent UK
--- On Tue, 21/10/08, Judith Fingerhuth <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xx> wrote:

From: Judith Fingerhuth <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xx>
Subject: Sueno's Stone
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Date: Tuesday, 21 October, 2008, 12:20 PM

Hello,

I've got a question regarding bars 9-24 of the dance Sueno's Stone
(2008
leaflet)

The bars are approximately (unfortunately I do not have the exact words
here at work):
9-12 1st couple is in the middle of the set, left hand in left hand and
each of them facing their 2nd corner. They set to 2nd corner, on the 2nd
PdB they turn (towards partner) to face partner's 2nd corner. They set
to partner's 2nd corner
13-16 1st couple dances a half reel of four "with 2nd corners"
17-24 repeat that with 1st corners

I was convinced that the half reel of four starts giving right shoulder
to partner's corner. Then the ways are all quite short and easy, no
surprising curves, everything flows nicely etc.
But yesterday I danced the dance again and wondered if I might be wrong.
It was a bit too flowing, and the setting was uncomfortably asymmetric
(i.e. I wanted to turn again on bar 12). Might it be, that 1st couple
also turns on bar 12 (towards partner) to start the half reel of four
giving right shoulder to own 2nd corner and finish the reel passing
partner left shoulder to own 1st corner in bar 16. That's a bit more
enegetic. But what does 1st couple at the and of the half reel with 1st
corners? - In bars 25-28 they do a right hand turn, so passing partner
left shoulder again would be really quite curly (but could be cool).

Which way is the correct way? How do you dance Sueno's Stone?

Thanks and bye,

Judith
Bonn, Germany