No more sword dances?

Pia Walker

Message 52705 · 5 Jun 2008 12:45:58 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Of course I have !!!!! - bad hair, dumpy clothes and thick glasses - that's me - working as a janitor - No building would stand for that - and my dance instructor had daughters. I also blotted my copy book by saying no to the first boy who asked me to dance with him - because I wanted to dance with a girl :>) the boys line up there - girls line up here then 'right boys - go for it'. I thought my mother would kill me :>) After 14 years of competitive dancing, I much prefer SCD.

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx [mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of XXXX9@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Sent: 05 June 2008 11:35
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: RE: No more sword dances?

Pia, have you ever seen the film "strictly dancing" - Cinderella story
about the behind the scenes at a ballroom dance studio. Predictable
plot, but enjoyable because of my SCD and highland experience. The
protagonist is the young girl who starts out looking like a loser with
bad hair, dumpy clothes, and thick glasses. She works as a janitor to
pay for her lessons, and has a crush on the son of the owner of the
studio, who is already a star. You know the rest.