Videos and Help with Festival Project in Poland

Pia Walker

Message 51632 · 20 Mar 2008 09:53:21 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Now there's a name to use : 'Tartans on Tour' - A little softer than
'Ladies from Hell' :>)

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
[mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of
Robert James Robertson McArthur
Sent: 19 March 2008 21:42
To: SCD news and discussion
Subject: RE: Videos and Help with Festival Project in Poland

Thank you to all who responded to my requests post last week with offers of
help.

I am delighted to report that we now have the Teacher (Pia) and assistant
resources to enable me to offer to the Festival committee all the assistance
they requested and Malcolm Brown, York,UK has kindly donated exactly the
appropriate videos for me to be able to illustrate to the students/town
representatives the types of venue, dress and musical support that can be
utilised in support of their desire to establish a SCD group in their area
of Poland. The videos also show that age is no barrier to having fun when
dancing.

The festival website should be up soon as www.Dybuk.pl (in Polish and
English) but if you are in Silesian region of Poland there should be an
additional attraction for you to drop into on 12th/13th July 2008 at
Pyskowice. Tartans on tour would also add to the colour!!.

Many thanks, Bob McArthur, Scosha Group, Bournemouth, UK
> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:49:39 +0100> From: xxxx.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx> To:
xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx> Subject: Re: Video recommendations RE: Palharrow
Burn was Mairi's Wedding> > On 15/03/2008 15:54, Anselm Lingnau wrote:> >
Bob McArthur wrote:> > > >> I do wish I had a video available on Laptop
which could be quickly accessed> >> and used to promote SCD in general.> > >
> There is software that you can use to download video clips from YouTube
and > > view them later locally (without a connection to the Internet). At
least I > > have such a program for Linux, but it would surprise me greatly
if the same > > sort of thing wasn't available for That Other Operating
System.> > For the Mac? No doubt.> > If, however, you have the Other Other
Operating System and use Firefox > as browser (and if not, why not?) then
there is an Add-On (free, of > course) which does this job.> > Alan>
20:52

Checked by AVG.
20:52