Dolphin reels revisited

Pia Walker

Message 45691 · 28 Jun 2006 18:53:14 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Well think of it as someone out driving - the man is leading - and gets
lost - so the women will have to navigate and then show how it is done -
half way through the man thinks he has got it - and takes over again - and
the same things happen - the woman has to save the day :>) they all go
round the roundabout and ends up almost where they started.

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
[mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of
James Tween
Sent: 28 June 2006 17:38
To: SCD news and discussion
Subject: Re: Dolphin reels revisited

But there's no kind of bike where the back becomes the front every couple of
bars, is there?
If I heard someone say "reels of three in tandem" or something, I'd go for
the follow-the-leader option. How does "dolphin" even suggest swapping
over?
I guess technically, the dancing couple are each doing parallel reels of
three on the same diagonal -- if the man begins in front, his reel is a
couple of steps longer at the end where he becomes the back, and a couple of
steps shorter when he becomes the front, and the lady's reel is similar but
at opposite ends. However, "1C dance a reel of three in parallel on the
same axis" or something is stupidly daft.
Fun, fun, fun!

- James -
Preston, UK