Why SCD doesn't attract the young - was Re: Ask and Ye shall receive - Perhaps!

Pia Walker

Message 45244 · 11 May 2006 20:48:38 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Or that the other 7 are wrong ! ;>)

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
[mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of Jan
E Rudge
Sent: 11 May 2006 16:45
To: SCD news and discussion
Subject: Re: Why SCD doesn't attract the young - was Re: Ask and Ye shall
receive - Perhaps!

Andrew wrote....
< I was told to stay in the current class until I had
stopped dancing ahead of the music. I know that I have to fit in
with the music and the other dancers, but I was dancing at the speed
that was right for me.. >

Andrew, were you getting further and further ahead of the music?
If not, then you were dancing at the same speed as everyone
else, but a little bit ahead of the beat. BTW I do hope the negative
comment doesn't put you off SCD for good, none of us is perfect
anyway!

Margaret wrote....
< [in dems] there's nothing worse than one head bobbing
out of sync with the others >

It's not necessarily as simple as that one person being out
of time with the music... It's often (usually?) an indication that
their feet are doing something different to everyone else's ;o)

Jan

Beaconsfield, UK
RSCDS London Branch

for such purpose.