Dance Cards

Pia Walker

Message 44451 · 3 Mar 2006 12:49:32 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Martin

A gentleman like you will have no problems.

Have a nice weekend

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
[mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of
mj.sheffield
Sent: 03 March 2006 10:19
To: SCD news and discussion
Subject: Re: Dance Cards

I shall perhaps shortly be in the position of the loan male dancer, and find
out for myself the pros & cons of dance cards, or lack of, in this
situation.
I see no reaon why I should not have a good time dancing with all sorts of
nice partners -- except that I imagine it will be a place where everyone
will already have a partner. Not because it's a group that dances regularly
together, but because people will be coming from a very wide area,
strangers, and more likely to come in pairs than singly. There will be no
regulars to look after the out-of-towners.

I shall be quite happy to invite ladies to dance with me, though some may
prefer to dance with their husbands. I can invite man-less ladies to dance
with me, but that could mean that their friend may remain partnerless (could
cause hard feelings, if they had planned on sticking together).

I could also ask other men to dance with me, but doubt I would be very well
received.

If by chance there are dance cards, I shall be able to book early each
evening. More likely, as each dance is announced, I shall go round looking
for someone free, and after several refusals, return to my seat because sets
are made up, or dance at the bottom of the hall with whoever is left over
('cause no-one wants to dance with her!)

It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Martin,
about to pack his bags,
in Grenoble, France.