Scottishness to be able to do SCD (Was pas de basque coupe -CORRECTION)

Pia Walker

Message 44230 · 13 Feb 2006 09:51:47 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Well - I am danish, so what do you think - the toungue in cheek bit is
there, because you cannot get people who have that kind of beliefs to change
their minds and therefore you will have to look at it as you would the
antics of a child with amused tolerance.

Pia

-----Original Message-----
From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
[mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of
Iain Boyd
Sent: 12 February 2006 20:29
To: SCD news and discussion
Subject: Scottishness to be able to do SCD (Was pas de basque coupe
-CORRECTION)

Pia, you may have made your comments with tongue in cheek, but, after I had
been dancing for a few years and was still young and arrogant (not that I
have changed much), I was informed by an immigrant Scottish teacher that, as
a New Zealander, I could not appreciate what SCD was all about.

Regards,

Iain Boyd

Pia <xxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:
Attention! You did not think you came into RSCDS and Scottish Country
Dancing to actually enjoy yourself? Did You? It is a VERY serious
pastime - you must have posture, good manners, knowledge, be able to fit in
and be dressed accurately BEFORE venturing onto the dance floor. And of
course if you are not scottish, forget it - you can never be able to dance
properly anyway - any intelligent person knows that SCD is genetic and
therefore us foreigners will never be able to dance the way SCD was meant to
be danced.

So there!

Pia :>)