Sgians

Pia Walker

Message 44039 · 2 Feb 2006 08:35:02 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

So are there any dancing custom-officers out there? :>) with a brand new old
'stocking knife'

pia
-----Original Message-----
From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
[mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of Ron
Mackey
Sent: 02 February 2006 00:08
To: SCD news and discussion
Subject: Re: Sgians

like a piece of
> fruit. I know that the only type of injury you could inflict on somebody
> using *my* sgian dubh would be a contusion. (Then again, I wouldn't want
> have to discuss the finer points of Scottish attire with anyone who thinks
> nail file or crotcheting needle is a lethal weapon, so if I'm flying the
sg.
> d. goes into the checked suitcase.)
>
> Now, on the other hand, those bagpipes ...
>
> Anselm

You're in a light-hearted mood, Anselm?
Re sgians, have a care if you value them.
Not long ago I was told by a friend that on the arrival in New York the
sgian he had in his suitcase was confiscated and he was not able to re-
claim it. It was a family piece of some 120 years at least. No
compensation or discussion.
He was told - NO Knives Allowed!