Book 46

Pia Walker

Message 41919 · 11 Aug 2005 10:12:26 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

In defense of Andreas words with regards to bits of paper - I don't think
the issue is what people do with the information they receive, but which way
the information is presented and distributed.

Perhaps if we are to get a loose-leaf system, there has to be a binder
system developed for the upkeep and maintenance of such a system - i.e.
'corporate' ring-binders where you can keep your Strathspeys, reels and jigs
in one each. and the loose pages should be printed, so when the pages are
in the binders the dance will show on one side and the music on the other.
i.e the holes punched in opposite of each other.

With book form, you can see that you have received all the dances, in
leaflet form it is more difficult to keep an eye on whether you actually
have received the dance, have received it but have lost the bits of paper or
merely mislaid it, plus of course the leaflets do get worn and grubby
(unless they are going to be printed on some really top-notch paper).

Pia