Is there a tune called St John River

Dave Wiesler

Message 40688 · 16 Feb 2005 03:17:27 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

As others have suggested, The Bonnie Lass of Bon-Accord is the
suggested title tune for the St. John River. When Stan Hamilton did
his definitive recording of this, he used this tune, as did Hanneke and
I when we made our recent CD. There's no tune called St. John River
that I know of.

-dave

----- Original Message -----
From: "Loretta Holz" <xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx>
To: "SCD news and discussion" <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 3:17 PM
Subject: Is there a tune called St John River

Is there a tune specific to St John River by the same name as the dance?
What sparked my question was my new CD.

Last night I danced to the wonderful playing of Dave Weisler and bought
the CD he did with Hanneke Cassel called Many Happy Returns. See at
http://www.azaleacityrecordings.com/davewiesler/disc.htm

Selection 5 is The St. John River and the tunes include The Bonne Lass
o'Bon-Accord which sounds like the music I have always connected with
St. John River.