speaking of clapping...

Marilyn Knight

Message 39239 · 21 Sep 2004 18:50:44 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Glad you like it. And my kids unabashedly wink at the adults in a mixed
set, which really just delights and warms everyone. Only once did I
have a young boy get so in to collecting the most winks that he actually
tried to engage eye contact with another set close by, which naturally
gave me a moment to underscore that when you do truly reach that level
of 'controlled abandon' you should be able to dance accurately and
enjoyably and also make eye contact across the floor!!!! Isn't that
really what it is ALL about. Why flirt with just one when you can flirt
with everyone!!!!
:)

Marilynn Latta Knight
Membership
South Carolina Chamber of Commerce

-----Original Message-----
From: Monica Bielke [mailto:xxxxxxx@xxx-xxxx.xxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 12:43 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: speaking of clapping...

Marilynn Latta Knight

>... I actually play the music for them to listen with eyes closed,
once they know the figure sequence. Then, stop the music and ask them
which figure comes next. All this, in lieu of clapping.

Ooooh! Great idea! So simple that I feel dumb for not thinking of it
myself. Thanks for a great idea.

I love the winking thing too. It would probably work pretty well with
my adult class here! :-)

Monica Bielke
Boise, Idaho