The Argyll Square

Andrew Smith

Message 37434 · 30 Dec 2003 09:24:28 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

I'd go with your gut feeling, Ron. It is definitely one that the whole set
needs to know, and if you have a shortage of men in a set......... I did it
in class at St As and it took a lot of teaching.
Best wishes,
Andrew,
Bristol, UK.
----- Original Message -----
From: "RON TAYLOR" <XXX29@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx>
To: <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 4:44 PM
Subject: The Argyll Square

I am currently preparing a programme for my Branch Ball in May 2004 and as
always I have includeda mixture of well known dances, some easy, some
challenging and with a maximum of 4 four or five couple dances (two in each
half).
I am being pressed to include The Argyll Square from book 43 and whiilst I
haven't yet taught it or danced it I am inclined to think it is akin to a
"demo" dance and not really suitable for a Ball programme; I bear in mind
that the majority of dancers present will be from non RSCDS groups.
Would anyone care to give me an opinion about this dance
please.

Regards and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Ron Taylor
XXX29@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx