St Columba's Strathspey (was help required)

Andrew Buxton

Message 37075 · 19 Nov 2003 10:13:55 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Chris,

I couldn't reply until I checked at home - meanwhile others have
answered about the music. We have it on Colin Dewar's Special Requests
1 and Ian MacPhail Scottish Dances Volume 5. The instructions are
typewritten with a date "15th February 1985" and a note "for St
Columba's Hospice, Boswell Road, Edinburgh".

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Xxxxx1Xxxxxx@xxx.xxx [mailto:Xxxxx1Xxxxxx@xxx.xxx]
Sent: 18 November 2003 16:41
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: St Columba's Strathspey (was help required)

" St Columba's Strathspey is enormously popular down here at the moment
-
on every programme!" - Andrew Buxton, Brighton (UK)

Someone mentioned that this dance was unpublished, but I believe it can
be
purchased as a leaflet from TAC. Perhaps the proceeds are still going to
the
hospice...?

By the way, the leaflet says nothing about music: Is there any generally

accepted tune for the dance down your way, Andrew?

Chris, New York.

This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDS.

Institute of Development Studies
at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE
Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202
IDS, a charitable company limited by guarantee:
Registered Charity No. 306371; Registered in England 877338; VAT No. GB 350 899914