music notation programs

Iain E G Richardson

Message 35625 · 25 Jun 2003 10:24:10 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

I'd like to add my vote for Noteworthy Composer. I was so impressed that
I paid for the registered version and I continue to find it very useful.

Regards

Iain Richardson

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheila MacDonald [mailto:xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx3.xxxx.xxx]
Sent: 25 June 2003 00:14
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: RE: music notation programs

Can't speak from personal experience about either Sibelius or Finale,
although I do know that, while both are capable of very sophisticated
output, they are both involve a steep learning curve and are seriously
expensive pieces of software. Would strongly recommend having a look at
the demo version of Noteworthy Composer (see
www.noteworthysoftware.com/) to see if this robust and very easy to use
programme will do what you require. If so, the registered version comes
at a much lower price than either of the above. (I hasten to add this
is an entirely unsolicited testimonial - I have no connection with
Noteworthy other than as a very satisfied user for some years!)