'More Memories of Scottish Weekend' CD now out!!!!

Helen P.

Message 35549 · 14 Jun 2003 08:55:13 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

From: "Anselm Lingnau" <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 7:02 PM

Yes, it's bad enough that dancers in Washington, D.C., area and several
neighboring states are still being subjected to hostile attacks by Scottish
Weekend, Inc. (a commercial organization which runs a weekend at Camp
Ramblewood). Strathspey List members shouldn't have to put up with its
problems, too.

SW, Inc., does NOT support dancing, but only its own greedy self-interest.
In fact, it has been destroying, and continues to destroy local SCD groups
by a variety of highly unethical, and often illegal, means.

This is not "mud-slinging", hearsay, or gossip. I am only reporting on
events which I have observed firsthand. The sheer number of them is
absolutely appalling. Doubtless, there are many other instances that I have
not seen.

There is no place for such a destructive organization on the Strathspey
List. It should not be mentioned here at all, since it is clearly
off-topic.

We are here to enjoyably discuss and promote dancing. SW is the opposite of
that.

Let's wipe SW off the List and get back to the fun. :-)

Thank you for your consideration.

-- Helen (MD USA)