Crazy Eights

George Meikle

Message 35460 · 6 Jun 2003 09:29:48 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Lee,

The dance 'Crazy Eights' is not listed on my database of SCD's, and that
covers around 12,500 dances. If you decide to publish it, and would like it
included, please let me have the details and I will ensure it is included in
future issues of the Sutton Coldfield Scottish Country Dance Index.

Kind regards

George Meikle - Lothian Scottish Dance Band)
compiler of the
Sutton Coldfield Scottish Country Dance Index.

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Lee Fuell [mailto:xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: 06 June 2003 05:06
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Crazy Eights

Hi, Gang,

Has anyone out there ever heard of a dance called "Crazy Eights," as in the
children's card game? I have a dance by that name, but before disseminating
it I want to make sure I'm not duplicating a dance name. I have a vague
recollection that there might be a dance of that name already, and a fellow
dancer thinks she remembers one as well. I don't have access to DanceData
here in Alabama, but when last home in Ohio I believe I checked for dances
of that name and didn't find any.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Happy dancing,

Lee