I've got a little list...Tournee

Helen P.

Message 34829 · 5 Apr 2003 08:31:06 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

This does it for me:

1s and 2s dance in, Men in the Middle, and take promenade hold facing
anti-clockwise.
All dance halfway round.
Turn Ladies into the Middle, all facing opposite sides, releasing the
hand that becomes awkward.
Turn 1-1/2 times to end on side lines.

Note that hands are released in the *middle* of bar 4 (not at the beginning
or end of it). This feels natural and flows well. It also helps to reduce
confusion about hands and which way to face.

2s tend to face each other up and down, at which point it's much easier to
continue the motion and face the correct direction. Hands released at bar 3
make it far too easy for one or the other to forget the twiddle -- and the
partner can't help much with only one hand.

As far as covering, it seems that the ideal is for the 2s to make as smooth
and inconspicuous a twiddle as possible, to match the simple 1/2 turn of the
1s. Retaining two hands for a moment keeps the 2s from swinging out wide,
and then making a big twiddle.

Looks nice. Feels nice. Easy on the brain, too.

-- Helen (MD USA)