Two Chords

Wouter Joubert

Message 34564 · 24 Mar 2003 07:17:25 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

But different tracts on a recording seldom are in the same key!! It
would make me want to get off the dance floor if having to have two
cords resulted in two cords in different keys.

Wouter

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen P. [mailto:xxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: 22 March 2003 02:30 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: Two Chords

From: Malcolm "mlamontbrown" <xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 11:27 AM

> (And those of us who have to use recorded music will continue to make
> whatever arrangements needed to make it all work! - if you find a
recording
> that fits and has two chords, if the dance is repeated then of course
you

Has anyone considered that almost every recorded set has a built-in
second
chord available?

Just cue up the final bow chord of the previous track. The empty space
between tracks might not have perfect timing (i.e., in tempo), but on
most
CDs it's usually brief and of consistent length.

Saves a bit of fussing about, anyway. That is, unless you have a
recording
machine that can't easily cue to that end of a track.

-- Helen