Etiquette - At the End of a Dance

Marilynn Knight

Message 33984 · 17 Feb 2003 15:54:50 · Variable-width font · Whole thread

Not alone, Stella!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Stella Fogg [mailto:xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 1:19 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Etiquette - At the End of a Dance

One of my pet peeves happens at the end of my last repetition. I finish in
my spot, look for my partner to convey my pleasure and what do I see? His
or her back as they quickly dance through their finishing position and head
to the bottom of the set. Unless the dance immediately requires the bottom
couple to begin immediately (in which case I would hope the briefer has
given the instructions of how they want that to happen) I would like my
partner to finish the dance, acknowledge me, and then together we move to
the bottom.

Am I alone in my pet peeve?

Stella
Richmond, VA