Spellings US

Pia Walker

Message 33155 · 18 Dec 2002 10:04:20 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

There is a very good explanation to this dropping of full stops - :>)

You all know how Scots have populated the whole wide world, and you also
know the reputation that Scots have for being carefull with their coinage
:>)

Now - If you imagine the amount of printing that goes on in the world, then
think how much ink is spared by not writing full stops - and how much money
is saved by this. It must be millions :>)

I am sure that there is a secret society of Scottish ex-pats with printers
in the world who has come to this conclusion, and because the Scots are know
for their good sense, this has been adopted as the standard. :>)

Pia :>)

,,,,,,,, ......... (To be distributed freely by those who want to.)