Ramblewood

Helen P.

Message 33101 · 17 Dec 2002 09:41:21 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

From: "Anselm Lingnau" <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
> People have been writing to me personally about
> the goings-on in this thread and asking me to do this or that.

I'm sorry to hear that they've been bothering you like that, Anselm.

The "goings-on" have consisted of: posting commercial advertisements (which
are usually off-topic for discussion groups), childish name-calling & slurs,
and pressuring you behind the scenes.

I have done none of those.

All I did was state the fact that parts of the advertisements were
inaccurate, leaving it to anyone interested in the matter to discuss it
privately, off-list. That's all I ever intended; the Strathspey list
shouldn't be involved anymore.

Also, please note that my simply saying that Mel voiced strong opinions
(without going into any details) is not even vaguely libellious.

People are entitled to their personal opinions. In fact, without them, the
Strathspey list would have little purpose. However, those individuals who
are trying to turn the list into a "shouting match" are indeed out of line.

I hope that they will show more self-restraint in future,
so that you won't have to take action against them.

-- Helen