Speaking of Cadgers....

Ron Taylor

Message 32861 · 6 Dec 2002 15:41:42 · Variable-width font · Whole thread

Hello Patricia, I regret to say that your instructions for Cadgers in the
Canongate are incorrect.
On bars 1- 8 the 1st klady passes 3rd man LEFT shoulder, ie exactly as in
Maxwells Rant or in Gates of Edinburgh. Unlike those dances however the 1st
man passes 2nd lady RIGHT shoulder, the 2nd lady dancing in and up, the 3rd
lady out and up. The 1s finish on bar 8 at the top but on opposite sides.
These reels are then repeated in the same manner.
The turn on bars 39/40 is left hand.
Now having said all that this isa dance on which I have seen umpteen
variations
and sometimes the reels bars 1- 16 are done as in Tullichgorm which is in
book 8. On bar 8 the 1st lady can then cross to her own side to give right
shoulder to 2nd man but the 1st man crosses up to top place om#n his own
side by crossing diagonally up from 2nd place on the ladies and turning
right about to give right shoulder to 2nd man!!

So two variations - and I'm willing to bet there will be a lot more!!

Regards
Ron Taylor
XXX29@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx