AGM

Andrew Smith

Message 32417 · 6 Nov 2002 09:59:36 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Wrt Mgt Bd and Committee membership, the amendment to the Executive Council
motion on Constitutional change proposed by Leicester last year suggested
that retirement of one third should be "determined by ballot (the drawing
of lots) amongst the remaining longest serving members." It was probably a
memory of this which was behind the comments made, but as William said, it
is as well to keep temporary arrangements out of the Constitution, and if
the Management Board is not competent to arrange its succession
arrangements, one should be asking if it would be competent to run the
Society.

With respect to postal voting, I am a very insignificant shareholder in 3
organisations, as well as the National Trust for Scotland, and they all seem
to be able to accommodate postal voting at their AGMs, and one can in most
cases instruct the proxy either to cast your vote as directed or in response
to the debate.
I would like to reiterate the thanks to Aberdeen Branch, especially to all
the stewards who patiently shepherded us up and down stairways and along
corridors.
Thanks should also go to all those who stood to serve the Society but were
not elected.

By now Alan may have realised that he missed at least two more
"Strathspeyers" from his list. :-)

Andrew,
Bristol, UK.