eye contact with the floor(was sex)

Marilynn Knight

Message 30566 · 26 Apr 2002 14:03:47 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

My hot button: I tell my class they didn't come to socialize with either
their shoes or the floor, did they? One strong reason I like teaching
beginners. They must learn to trust that the floor and their shoes will
still be there without 'eye discipline'; however, their partners/set might
not.... :)

BTW, Lee, I love your definition. Can't wait to use it with my engineer
friends...!

Marilynn
In temporarily chilly SC

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Lee Fuell, Jr. [mailto:xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 4:01 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: sex

Pia's comment reminds me of a socio-psychological issue that is also
relevant to
SCD:

Q: How do you tell an extroverted engineer from an introvert?

A: The extrovert stares at YOUR shoes when talking to you.

It's sometimes fascinating to see how interested some dancers are in the
floor they
are dancing on...

Lee in Ohio

Send reply to: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx