One of those Other Dances

Brian Charlton

Message 30150 · 27 Mar 2002 01:59:17 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

G'Day, All,

For the Australian Winter School, a feature dance on the last night will be
'Celtic Square', modestly written by me.

I would rather it not be performed in public forum prior to 12 July, but if
anyone would like me to send them a copy just after that, please ask. (Not
before, I'll be too busy! and maybe not too 'just' either because I'll be
flaked out.)

It is a Medley in a square set, 64 bar Strathspey, then the same figures
repeated in Reel time.

Priscilla, I will send you an advance copy, so that you have a chance to
look at it, but please follow the reservation about performance. The copy is
undergoing some minor modification, but it will come in a few days. Alan,
I'll send you an advance copy too.

We're having a hot and humid time, autumn is supposed to here, but it still
hasn't come yet. A dancer visiting from the UK remarked recently that the
seasons have slipped forward by a month, on the other hand, we had the
hottest December on record and the humidity on Christmas Day was 5% (Yes
0.05). We were dancing again a few days later, once the the residents of the
village of Helensburgh were allowed back home after the fires. I haven't
seen snow for many years, but we may be able to put on a short flurry in
July for the Winter School.

Brian Charlton,
Sydney, Australia