matters constitutional

Lee Fuell

Message 28110 · 12 Nov 2001 23:15:05 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Peter and All,

Odd... The RSCDS Constitution and the RSCDS Guide to Branch
Administration both state the following:

Current Constitution (III.2.(a)): "All members of the Local
Association must be members of the Society."

New Constitution, enacted at AGM (IV.2.(a)): "All members of the
Local Association/Branch must be members of the Society."

Guide (2.a)): "All members of the Local Association must be
current members of the Society."

Question: Is the referred-to "Mr John F." the same individual
responsible for proposing the just-defeated (thankfully!) GBP 15
membership subscription? His statement below would seem to be
a complete contradiction of the RSCDS Constitution. In light of the
above, how it would be possible for a Branch to have members who
were not also Society members is beyond me. Of course, it was
also beyond me how anyone could have expected the Society to
survive after raising it's membership from GBP 8 to GBP 15. I'll
leave it to the reader to draw whatever conclusions one wishes with
respect to these two points of information.

Lee

Send reply to: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Date sent: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:28:43 -0600 (CST)
From: xxxxxx@xx.XXxxxxxxx.XX