RSCDS restructure AGM motion

Andrew Smith

Message 27474 · 20 Sep 2001 08:16:25 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Bryan,
This is just the point.
A meeting of 100+ is not really manageable, for a start, and this is why
Bristol feels that "small is beautiful". The proposed Management Board is
just that and it will be elected to do a job, rather than being enthusiastic
representatives to whom a Chairman might feel more inclined to defer on
occasion. We feel that it will be more able to be focused, as well as
cheaper.
Records of meetings: one has a whole range of options from verbatim to
merely recording the decisions taken. It may not be very satisfying to be
receiving the latter, but it is really all that is needed, if the attendees
are regular, and after all, if a meeting is missed there are always ways to
find out some of the detail of what was discussed, so therefore punchy and
paper conserving minutes are OK.
I think we have had a run of very capable Chairmen with vision. It continues
and long may it do so. Thanks are due to them, as to the representatives,
for their commitment.
We see the way forward which we are proposing as clear and necessary for the
future health of the Society.
Andrew