RSCDS restructure AGM motion: voting system

Andrew Smith

Message 27403 · 18 Sep 2001 10:03:29 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Sorry, Eric, but I have just realise that I did not address your comment on
"proxy voting" -my apologies.
We did consider writing it in, but felt that in the changes there is the
opportunity for it to be included :
"7. Except as otherwise provided, voting on all motions before a General
Meeting shall be by a show of hands [Insert: and by prior postal instruction
from absent members]."
We believe this establishes the principle, and that it should be up to the
Management Board to decide the most cost-effective and acceptable way to do
it. Certainly, using a proxy allows the person holding the proxies to
consider the arguments "live" rather than pre-judging the situation, but we
did not want to get too bogged down in the mechanics at this stage. (I am
sure there will be Strathspey readers who will be noting the comments with a
positive view to the future.)
I hope this helps.
Andrew.