Youth & music

Marilynn Knight

Message 27256 · 9 Sep 2001 15:48:46 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Actually, I've always been impressed that Alisdair always encourages his
audience to get up and dance and often a few do, especially the youth and
they just 'do their thing', SCD or no....

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Paterson [mailto:xxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx]
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2001 2:53 PM
To: Strathspey
Subject: Re: Youth & music

Xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx wrote:

> <snip some bits which I fully agree with anyway>
> But I must say that we must be careful, what level of modern fusion we
> allow in our dance music.

Bob,

I wasn't advocating trying to dance to Alasdair Fraser et al (at least
not our type of dancing). What I was trying to express was that the
barrier young people may have against the kind of music we DO dance to
may be broken down if we could introduce them to the more modern stuff.

I like both!

Alan