Ghillies vs Jazz Shoes.

Marilynn Knight

Message 26947 · 13 Aug 2001 19:04:47 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Priscilla,
What is 'the 91502'?

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla M. Burrage [mailto:xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xxx]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 1:03 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: Ghillies vs Jazz Shoes.

Is it possible that the step has changed. In the 91502, I was taught by
Miss Milligan that I should practice PdB in heels so as to execute it
correctly. Also. I danced with Bill Clement about ten years ago and he
mad a point of wearing heels to show that the footwork could be executed
with normal formal shoes.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Marjorie McLaughlin wrote:

> Priscilla,
>
> I don't think that it is necessarily incorrect, sloppy, tired or careless
> technique that can cause the heel of a jazz shoe to cause some contact.
> Sometimes I wear the heeled "teacher's shoes" that I got from James
Senior's